Friday, March 26, 2010

Driving to the East Side!






After saying goodbye to Mark and Liz I headed off to Bishop. A quick check on my iPhone revealed that the next week's weather was going to be awesome ... I was psyched. Heading toward Spooner Pass the sunset was spectacular, however by 10 PM when I was falling asleep at the wheel, I pulled off at a closed campsite north of Bridgeport. The elevation was over 7000', the temperature dropped into the low 20s, and too tired to set up the mega-mid or get out my warm clothes out, I froze my buns off. However, the next morning I had some tea at a gas station, and I had the Travertine Hot Springs all to myself. I set up my mega-mid just outside Bishop, at the climber's campground in Pleasant Valley. With the tent up, my pile clothing on, and a drop of several thousand feet in elevation ... I was toasty warm!