Monday, April 26, 2010

The Big Race: Brian v. Mark



This weekend our two intrepid fossils will be cragging in Joshua Tree. No doubt many good pitches will be fired off.

However, the main event is the handicapped 200 yard dash between Brian and Mark. Here is how El Presidente calls it ... "The winner buys drinks for the other. It will be the real determination of altitude advantages Brian has been whining about for years. I am coming from 11 feet and he is coming from 64 feet. That gives me a 54 foot handicap. After much deliberation we negotiated (factors included age, weight, length of time since anyone ran, time zone differences, how much we drank the night before) on a 50 yard distance. We then had to apply handicapped times for each factor. When the negotiations were concluded I ended up with a 3 minute and 33 second handicap. So if I can run 50 yards 3 minutes and 32 seconds slower than Brian he owes me a night out."

I couldn't find any current pictures of the two fossils in their running garb so I went online and found some facsimiles.