Friday, January 31, 2020

THE BACKCOUNTRY YEARS ...

Almost finished with this delightful and entertaining collection of essays. He certainly can turn a phrase and deliver one-liners. A few examples enclosed below:

- Body Fascists: These guys/gals are fresh off a rando racing season and often sport boots that weigh less than the sandwhich in my pack.

- I'd much rather have two hundred turns on a thirty-degree slope, than fifty butt puckering turns at forty-five degrees.

- I live at 9,700 feet above sea level. Summers up here are as short as Paris Hilton's reading list.

- In talking about the perils of flu season during the ski season BIFF had this to say ... I'm currently taking echinacea, goldenseal, yellow dock root, skullcap flowers, and fo-ti root. They all seem to help, as long as I wash them down with Crown Royal and NyQuil.