Thursday, March 19, 2020

QUOTE OF THE WEEK: mark twight

When climbing in Nepal with Jeff Lowe, he was asked how he rationalized the weight of the Walkman and all those batteries. Mark Twight replied: "When the going gets tough, the tough turn up the volume,"

To be frank, I was not very fond of this book when I read it in paperback. However, I enjoyed it more as a book on tape, listening to it on several occasions.

Listening to Bonington's autobiography on the way out to Bozeman was engaging. However, on the ride back I need something with the literary equivalent of jolt from Red Bull. Kiss Or Kill is so bombastic and over the top at times, that it keeps you awake, even if it's pushing midnight and you have been driving cross country for 12 hours.

Then to, I realized on the trip back, that my spring skiing adventures will segue into climbing ... and this will be the kick in the butt I need to get to the High Peaks Cyclery rock gym.