Friday, December 24, 2010

BLAST FROM THE PAST

> As my college buddies - the D Phi Haute Route expedition - get ready to head into the mountains with our guides, gore-tex, hi tech AT gear, and grey hair, I quickly pulled together some pictures of a different day.
>
> In order of appearance: Stegs ice climbing on the Athabasca glacier in Canada, Hock-Stegs-Trols leaving Edmonds col in January 1974 on a traverse of the northern Presidential Range, Harry and Hock calling it a day and heading for the gunks, Hock-Lenny-Dick on a warm winter day heading up Mount Washington, and Stegs in bluejeans and wooden planks skiing into the Carter Notch hut. (The picture quality is low, as I quickly just took an iPhone picture of my Kodak instamatic photographs. Someday soon I will have the time to scan them.)
>