Saturday, September 22, 2012

Yoga, bouldering, and trail running in Colorado

Last night I camped right next to the Wolcott boulders and the Eagle River, about 20 miles west of Vail. It was 35 degrees and so the half-bag did not quite do it! However, once I had my caffeine fix at the Starbucks in Edwards, the sun popped over the hill tops and I had a great 75 minute yoga and bouldering session in the sun. (As an aside, the rubber patch I put on the hole in my rock shoes is holding up quite well ... Barge cement is miraculous.)

This afternoon I headed toward Aspen (a Sunday brunch to say thank you to one of our donors), and stopped outside Leadville to do a 90 minute trail run on the north shore of Turquoise Lake. Given that it was 10k, rolling terrain, and at an elevation of almost 10,000' I felt pretty good. As you can see from the pictures, the aspens have turned color, and the leaves have even started to drop in places.