Thursday, October 31, 2019

Brooke Raboutou ... no doubt as the 2020 Olympics approach we will hear more about her story

I am not sure how I feel about rock climbing in the Olympics. Sure, I was in the crowd watching an early World Cup in the 1980s at Snowbird, but that was just to kill time before we all flew home, after a week of real climbing in the Winds. Was it impressive, was it physically incredible, we're the routes hard ... hell yeah ... Was it climbing; we were not really sure.

Yes, when I was heading a school in San Francisco, I had a climbing gym membership (and belay card) in San Rafael. I currently have a membership at the High Peaks Cyclery gym; no doubt it's great for training. Anyway, I am still conflicted, yet I am sure I will be watching the Olympic competition and not archery!

An interesting video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8al-TslJ9KA