Monday, December 4, 2023

Snow picture seems grim, however …

There was just enough snow for me to have 18 ski days since November 1st.  

The expected overnight storm did not materialize, however I believe the toll road is still skiable, Whiteface is open, and Mount Van Hoevenberg has a 1k loop as well. So, I will be able to ski, until we finally get a real storm.  (Moreover, parts of northern Vermont and New Hampshire have done better … I may visit the Jay Peak golf course again, and word is that the Sherburne Ski Trail is open.)

As for the training log, I managed just under 15 hours, 2100' vertical, and 137k (113k bike, 18k ski, 6k run). Pretty modest, but in addition to three nordic sessions, I added my first two alpine ski sessions, as well as adding two PT sessions and daily ZPT followup. So, it seemed like a pretty full week to me.