Sunday, September 27, 2020

BLAST FROM THE PAST ... and a great new multimedia project in the Times

Click on the link below for a great article-photo-video display of the Grand Traverse in the Tetons, done by Jimmy Chin, Conrad Anker, Savannah Cummins, and Manoah Ainu. This wonderful piece brought back many Teton memories of my frequent climbing trips in the 1970s-80s which I did with Stegs, Murph, Mark, Franklin, TTW, and a South African Richard Wilmott who I met in Chamonix.

I have climbed Teewinot, Mount Owen, and the Grand Teton, as well as Middle and South Teton numerous times. But never in one go, linking them, as they do in this project. Of the dozen (or more) times I have climbed the Grand, the classic North Ridge (sketched in below) is my favorite. (Other favorites, on lesser Teton peaks, were Irene's Arete, Guides Wall, and the Durrance Ridge.)