Friday, September 11, 2020

First year of retirement ... miscellaneous data

- I read, re-read, or listened to 96 books.
- During just the previous month: I ran 135 miles, biked 61 miles, and spent 34 hours doing a variety of other workouts (yoga, ergometer, strength).
- On average, every 2 days I unload dishes.
- My longest run was 54k in the JFK Ultra.
- I camped out in the Hockmobile for 20 nights this winter.
- I spent 30 days in the mountains of Peru, 30 days in the mountains near Chamonix, and 8 days in the mountains of Zermatt.
- I have driven to Bozeman and back twice, which is roughly 10,000 miles.
- Last week my running and hiking outings netted 6650' of vertical climbing.
- I was on snow for 115 days last year.
- So far, my top 12 retirement books are:

Call Sign Chaos
The Secrets We Kept
Push: a climber's search for the path
The Rise Of The Ultrarunners
Lost Horizon
The English Patient
The Girl With The Dragon Tattooist
The Fellowship Of The Ring
Angels Of Light
Once A Runner
The President Is Missing
The Last Campaign: RFK and 82 days that inspired America