Monday, April 24, 2023

Getting excited about trail running again

Of course, I am looking forward to ski touring out west in May, but now my mind is about a return to trail running and hiking. I will certainly run some uphill races again; I will also want to do a few long trail runs (20-30k range) in scenic mountain terrain; but I think I am going to retire from the yearly ultra-running race. 

Last week finished a 2-3 week transition back to the summer mode, of running, hiking, and biking. I managed to log 15+ hours, just over 4500' vertical, and 128k (93k exercise bike and 35k on foot). This week I will pull out the mountain bike.

The link is to a ten minute video, about trail runner Dylan Bowman, his company Freetrail, and the Gorge Waterfalls race. Gets you ready to lace up your shoes.