Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Halfway through my training year … are my goals in reach?

At the six month mark, it's time to assess if I am on track with my goals. My training goals for this 2023-24 were:
- maintain an overall volume of 725 to 775 hours
- continue with yearly accumulated vertical between 200,000' and 250,000'
- increase balance and flexibility work with more yoga sessions (100-120 this year)
- mitigate knee issues with cross training, strength sessions, and limit running to 40k
- continue with 110-130 overall days on snow
- do more nordic skate sessions
- increase days riding lifts to 30-35 sessions and work on technique

Given that I put up the biggest numbers in the year during the winter, I look to be on track, with current figures pointing to just over 700 hours, around 240,000' vertical, if increase in yoga, and incrementally more strength sessions than the previous years. Moreover, I have more spring/summer on snow days than ever before. All of this should enable me to do more mountain trail racing, more nordic and skimo racing, as well as adding more overall climbing, adventure, and big mountain days.