Monday, February 19, 2024

Stratton Mountain Skimo race

Yesterday I traveled to Vermont for the second event, in the Stratton Skimo series. It was a small field of 25 racers with a couple of certified hotshots in spandex and lightweight racing gear. I was the fourth skier to top of the course (an 850' climb), and then passed by a couple on the downhill, so I finished sixth.

I spent the evening relaxing with a college buddy and his wife who have a house in Manchester. Wearing my Skimo Shirt awarded for being the oldest racer.

As for my previous week's training, it was lower volume as I tried to recover from the previous three hard weeks, and the start of a new round of PT for my shoulder. I logged just under 14 hours, just over 4500', and 106k (75k bike, 25k ski, 6k run). I also did five PT stretching sessions, one strength workout, and a morning alpine skiing.