Thursday, May 21, 2009

Sierras: circa 1990


Jon is now 6'4" ... this picture was taken in Squaw Valley at the Ewing residence, after our two families spent a week camping and hiking in Tuolumne. For more updates on our family the best - and most literate - resource is Selden's blog (http://fairhopefarm.wordpress.com/) ... an excerpt from which is enclosed below ...

"How can this big 6′4″ handsome man be my little boy? This week Jon is interviewing Paul Schrader, the writer/director who wrote the screenplays to Taxi Driver, Raging Bull, American Gigolo, The Last Temptation of Christ, among others.

I’m not sure there’s any greater pleasure than watching your children grow in confidence and skill. When my kids were little I used to swing each one up on my hip and dance around the living room, singing You are My Sunshine as they giggled and hiccupped."