Sunday, June 20, 2010

Ted on Mount Whitney





Ted recently returned from a trip to the Sierras with his daughter Lydia. He did the "mountaineer's route" in a still very snowed up, late Spring conditions. Kudos. Moreover, there is no better training for the Haute Route than getting out and logging some vertical. Now that my trip to the Cordillera Blanca has solidified (July 24- August 9), and my many alumni trips are being scheduled for work, let's get down to the business of scheduling the Franconia Ridge Trail.

I may not be able to manage an entire weekend, and it is most likely that if you rendezvous at Dick's house that I would meet you at the trail-head the following morning. Good dates for me to do that hikes are: June 27, July 3, or July 4. OMG MORE CIRCUMSCRIBED THAN I IMAGINED!