Thursday, May 2, 2024

Quick analysis of my 2023-24 training year

It was another good year, in that I met most of my goals. I exceeded important goal parameters in total volume (700+ hours), total accumulated vertical (200k+), total yoga sessions (120+), annual days on snow (110+), more yoga than previous years, and a 20% increase in strength sessions. Additionally, I continued to race, logging five events, and where I continued to perform well. My best race was the Stratton Skimo, where I finished sixth (but 4th to the top). I also finally got to bike in the Prouty with my buddies.

However, as always there were disappointments. Despite making the best of a very crappy winter and hitting the low end of my targets, it however was my "shortest ski season" in awhile. So, there was more cross training without vertical, fewer annual days on snow, incrementally less riding lifts (although I think my downhill improved, and with the exception of the toll road, almost no backcountry skiing!